- Definition: You will be able to use the Girlboss Platform to share posts and text—and may, in the future, share photos, videos, links, and other files. All material that you upload, publish, or display to others via the Girlboss Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Girlboss Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public. public.
- Ownership: You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the rights granted to us below.
License and Permission to Use Your Content:
As set forth in more detail below, Girlboss and other Girlboss Platform users may copy, report, or otherwise use anything posted on the Girlboss Platform. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of Your Content, including, without limitation, chat, text, or voice communications. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole and absolute discretion, to pre-screen, review, refuse, and/or remove from the Girlboss Platform any content. By enrolling in and using the Girlboss Platform, you provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. In the event that Girlboss pre-screens, refuses, or removes any of Your Content, you acknowledge that Girlboss will do so for Girlboss’ benefit, not yours.
By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Girlboss Platform, you grant Girlboss a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Girlboss Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed). You agree that this license includes the right for Girlboss to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Girlboss for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of Your Content through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Girlboss Platform to use and modify Your Content, subject to these Terms.
Once you make a post, you may edit or delete your post at any time from public display on community.girlboss.com. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of community.girlboss.com. Girlboss may remove suspected spam from your answers. Once you make a post, it may be edited or deleted by Girlboss at any time. Any edits and changes made by you may be visible to other users. The right for Girlboss to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that Girlboss may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Girlboss, its users, or the public.
You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third-parties of any of Your Content outside of the Girlboss Platform or in violation of these Terms.
- Your Responsibilities: By posting Your Content on the Girlboss Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all needed licenses or permissions from any necessary parties, to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Girlboss’ Acceptable Use Policy, other published Girlboss policies, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Storage: Unless expressly agreed to by Girlboss in writing elsewhere, Girlboss has no obligation to store Your Content that you make available on the Girlboss Platform. Girlboss has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of Your Content; the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Your Content; or the security, privacy, storage, or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Girlboss Platform. You agree that Girlboss retains the right to create reasonable limits on the use and storage of Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits as determined by Girlboss in its sole discretion.
- Definition: All intellectual property in or related to the Girlboss Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Girlboss marks, the Girlboss logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Girlboss or content posted by other Girlboss users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data: All data Girlboss collects (“Data”) about use of the Girlboss Platform by you or others is the property of Girlboss. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
Our License to You:
- We grant you a limited, non-exclusive license to use and access Our Content and Materials and Data as made available to you on the Girlboss Platform in connection with your use of the Girlboss Platform, subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms.
- Girlboss gives you a limited, worldwide, royalty-free, revocable, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to re-post Public Content (as defined below) provided that: (a) the user who created the content has not explicitly marked the content as not for reproduction on the Girlboss Platform; (b) you do not modify the content; (c) you attribute Girlboss by name in readable text and with a human and machine followable link (an HTML <a> anchor tag) linking back to the page displaying the original source of the content on community.girlboss.com on every page that contains the Public Content; (d) upon request, either by Girlboss or a user, you remove the user's name from content which the user has subsequently made anonymous; (e) upon request, either by Girlboss or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable effort to update a particular piece of content to the latest version on the Girlboss Platform; (f) upon request, either by Girlboss or by a user who contributed to the content, you make a reasonable attempt to delete content that has been deleted or marked as not for reproduction on the Girlboss Platform; and (g) you don’t republish more than a small portion of the Public Content. In exercising these rights, you may not implicitly or explicitly assert any connection with, sponsorship or endorsement by Girlboss, or any Girlboss user, without separate, express prior written permission from us. “Public Content” means: (i) public posts submitted on the Girlboss Platform, (ii) public reples to public comments; (iii) public profile; and (iv) editorial content published by Girlboss or Girlboss contributors. Public Content does not apply to anything that is private.
- We may terminate our license to you at any time for any reason. We have the right but not the obligation to refuse to distribute any content on the Girlboss Platform or to remove content. Except for the rights and license granted in these terms, we reserve all other rights and grant no other rights or licenses, implied or otherwise.
- No Endorsement or Verification The Girlboss Platform contains access to third-party content, products and services, and it offers interactions with third parties. Participation or availability on the Girlboss Platform does not amount to endorsement or verification by us. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any content posted on the Girlboss Platform by anyone.
- Ownership You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Girlboss’ users or Girlboss. The content, information, and services made available on the Girlboss Platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.